Friday, June 7, 2013

Holy moly guacamole!

By George!! I have pinpointed something very important today!! I have had stomach issues since having my daughter in 2008. The drs ran some tests (no allergy testing!) and then figured it was an umbilical hernia and my massively separated abs (caused by ginormous kids) so they sent me to a general surgeon to fix me up! Great! Well that was till I got to the surgeon and he decided that wasn't what was wrong with me.... 

Long (really long) story shorter, they took my gallbladder, severed some bile ducts and sent me home with bile leaking through my system, even though I demanded something "wasn't right" when I was in recovery. I know my body pretty darn well, I mean I deal with it daily. After a two week stay and MORE botched surgeries to "fix" the first issue, I told them to leave me alone and let me go home... They did. But, I had to check in daily via phone. Fine. 

Fast forward to almost three years later, still have the original stomach issues and needless to say, I hate going to doctors, so I try to find this trigger on my own. Guess what?!? 95% sure I know what it is!!! After being on one whole30, I felt fantastic, then went mainly paleo with a few off the road days for 10days, now I am back on Whole30 (day 5) and yesterday I had nuts. Not something I have normally as a snack. My BFF wanted spicy nuts, so I made some for her, and taste tested. Then my stomach started. Didn't think anything of it, I was drinking a "Bucha" and thought it was that, so I gave it to my kiddo. Then today, more nuts were wanted, made more, taste tested, repeat. But no bucha today, just gut wrenching pain. 

I seriously look like I'm four months pregnant. Thanks nuts. 

Darn you nuts. And toss in a darn you gluten too. It's not as bad with gluten, but its close. But!!! At least I'm 95% sure I know the cause, and what to stay away from. Oh. I made energy bars from Marks Daily Apple today for a bake sale tomorrow thinking I could eat those and be dandy at the swim meet. Yeah no. Darn you nuts!!!! 

Here is the food I ate yesterday that didn't cause me to give it the finger.

Meal one: ok this is funny. Whole30 posted the picture of Ryan and the quote. I couldn't bare to make him
Sad, so the kids got paleo pancakes with strawberry coconut sauce, and I got bacon curried coconut cream spinach. 

Meal two: ground beef, pickles, and whole30 ranch drizzled (drenched). 


Meal three: burger, bacon, onions, and avocado dressing, also a side of Brussels sprouts. 


Darn you evil nuts!!!!! 



Want to see what I did yesterday in case you missed yesterday's blog about me relaxing and being at a pool? Yeah.. Torture. It was hideous. 

Tomorrow shall be interesting! Big swim meet, the hubs and I are helping, no clue what we are doing with the kids, one kid is swimming one event, the other will be left to her own devices. Okay not really, she will help me at the snack bar! Till tomorrow! 

\m/ <-- Shaka! 


1 comment: