Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ack!!

Ack!!! I'm missing in action! Actually, family is in town and I haven't had a chance to write! I fell off the whole30 wagon a tad, but knew it was going to happen all along with family visiting. I set myself up for it, and know it. But! I'm sticking with paleo from here on out and will do another reset aka Whole30 maybe every six months, or if I feel one is needed sooner, then I'll do it, I feel SO much better eating this way, After my gallbladder gone wrong surgery three years ago, I thought food seriously hated me, yet I love food. I'm glad to know I haven't had any issues since doing this at the end of April. Shocking! Actually, wait, rewind.. The only time I've had issues is if I completely derailed and binged on something like dairy or gluten. Then I had issues. I don't have any food pics for right now, but if you follow me on Instagram at Paleoeats808 I have some there! 

I am really excited about camping this weekend! I'm food prepping tomorrow, and I was just looking at recipes my four year old saw bacon wrapped dates and asked me to make them. Sure!! I love that sweet and salty combo! So making those!! I always think of my dear friend mom when the combo of bacon and dates come up. Every time they had a holiday party she would make them with water-chestnuts stuffed in the dates. Thought it was the strangest thing ever, till I tried a water-chestnutless one. Yeah. Tasty. And her tangerine speedo. It was a drink people!! I'll update more after camping!! Have a great weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment