Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Porky the pig

My BFF is semi vegetarian. I say semi because she will eat some chicken, fish, and pork, but hardly touches red meat. She is also on day 2 with me, but it's her first Whole30. Anyway, my first whole30 I found a ranch here (www.kualoa.com) that sells meat. I ordered some (call, do not use the online service!) and she thought I could go and pick out my cow. Jokingly she asked what I was going to name it. So now every time she asks what I'm eating, I name it first, then tell her, because I'm mean like that. Usually my go to pig name is Wilbur (duh) but today that massive pork shoulder I cooked on Sunday, is named Porky. I porked out for three days, seriously we had it for dinner on Sunday, breakfast/lunch/dinner yesterday, and breakfast/lunch today and now I can gladly say "IT'S GONE!". I am usually not a leftover eater either. But dang. I wasn't letting 18 bucks worth of pork be thrown out! Here is day 1/30 eats: 
Scrambled eggs with pork, cabbage, bok choy, onions, garlic and coconut aminos. I had the same for lunch tossed in some sweet potatoes and chipotle peppers,
small apple with cinnamon, and dinner was pork, garlic and cabbage. Pretty much the same deal for all three meals, I got more creative on day 2! Swear. Day one went great! 

1 comment:

  1. "PORKY!" LOL That is hilarious! *SNORT* Thanks for the recipes....will be cooking up my own Porky soon! :)

    ReplyDelete