Monday, June 10, 2013

It was the weekend yo!

It was a busy yet relaxing weekend! Nothing exciting happened, and that's great! 

Friday: typical Friday of running errands! Hit up whole foods in the morning pre-breakfast. Bad idea. Seriously. They hardly had anything I could eat! I got a sweet potato, red bells, hard boiled egg, and artichokes. Umm yum? Not the best combo, but it held me together till lunch. Kids on the other hand had a chocolate raspberry pastry and a blueberry muffin. Yeah. I stared. I drooled. 

Then off to Costco next! Stopped by Ross first, got myself a veggie steamer! Holla! The little joys. And!! BFF was there and we went to Costco together, holding hands and skipping along the way... Wait. That so didn't happen. I don't deal well when people touch me. Personal space people! Got my Costco crap, and got home to make lunch! Grilled chicken, guac, hot sauce, and a pickle. 

Chilled the rest of the day. Hahaha!!!! Not. I meal prepped the crap out of my kitchen! I made mayo, I made spicy nuts, I made pulled pork, I made breakfast for the next day, got lunches ready, and baked goods for the swim meet on Saturday. Then whisk the kiddos to swim! After swim, burgers were made, with bacon, avo, and sweet potato fries. 

Saturday was not my friend. Not only did we have to get up at 430 am, my face got burnt. See this is an issue. I don't normally burn, I maroon. My family is known for our tans. We can't help it! It's in our awesome genes. Anyway. Back to why I woke up, swim meet. Hubs and I signed up to help, Carter was swimming one relay event, and Bear, well Bear played. I consumed too much black coffee, I did have a frittata in the morning, pork and pickles (if you can't tell by now, pork is on the menu again this week) for lunch, and dinner.. Dinner was AMAZING. I made rack of lamb. Heck yeah. First time baby!! I served it with cauliflower mash, and balsamic reduction. Nom nom nom. 

I hit up old navy Saturday night for the sale on running shorts. $5!! I mean dang. That's a deal and I really like those shorts! While I bought running shorts, my kids and hubs wanted Dairy Queen, so I stared and drooled at them too. Too much of that going on this weekend! What can I say? It's hot? It's summer? All of the above? P

Here are food pics!

This was our sunset on Saturday night. 


I'm hitting the hay! Oh, am I the only one that says it "haaaay" in my head, or outloud? Yeah. Just checking. Night yo! 



No comments:

Post a Comment