Saturday, June 22, 2013

Prep, prep and more prep.

One thing about paleo is the mass food prep. It sucks. Not gonna lie. But, it's totally worth every single second and I learned that today by eating a bite of a macaroon. 

The fam and I woke up early, Jesse wanted to hit up some garage sale at7. He took the kids, I tackled breakfast. I made Paleomg's strawberry, banana, chocolate chip muffins (NOT whole30), and a scramble with eggs, sweet potatoes, green bells, onions and bacon. Everything was delish!! The muffins, score!! 

Then off to the farmers market we went. This is where it got ugly. 

I have a major sweet tooth, or had a major sweet tooth. I LOVE French macaroons. That crispy outer cookie, the creamy center, flavors like lilikoi, or salted caramel are my weakness. We rolled up to the market, and like heavenly angels singing down, there was my favorite macaroon place... I bought two. One lilikoi, one salted caramel. I bit into the lilikoi one first. The texture seemed different, the yummy center.. Not so yummy, but overly sweet, and you could taste the butter. Something had to be wrong. I took a bite of the salted caramel, pure butter, oily tasting yuckiness. What?!?! Is it true? Have my taste buds changed?! I wasn't sure how to feel at first. But now, now I'm good. That crap isn't supposed to be in my body. Strawberries are sweet, and delicious. Apples alone, or with sunbutter, a perfect dessert! I even want my creepy mango and coconut cream thingy again! I think I'll be fine from now on knowing these are my choice desserts. 

I hurt my butt. Not sure what happened. I noticed lately my posture sucks. I've been trying to stand up taller, not slouch, and this morning something happened to my tailbone. But I'm on ice. Kids are with Jesse at a pool, I want to be in a pool, it's so hot out!! But I've been ordered by Jesse to stay on the couch. So I'm looking up recipes for camping. 

This was from last night: 

Lesson of the day? Prep your food. Takes forever, but at least you know what you are putting in your body. 

\m/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment